RAN Field Technician
Under general supervision, responsible for supporting and maintaining mobile network services on Tutuila, Aunu’u, and Manu’a. Provides technical field support in network performance initiatives, outage resolution, and works to identify day-to-day Radio Network improvement opportunities. Objectives include on-site support, installation, preventive and/or demand maintenance, and repair of cell site equipment including all of its associated components in accordance with Bluesky standards. On-call rotation required.
- Assist in the maintenance of mobile products by performing problem investigation, troubleshooting and testing.
- Provide prompt response to network issues and outages; conduct preventive or proactive network repair
- Assists with proper tracking and reporting of network related measurements including network health reports, Key Performance Indicators, outage reports, AAR and root cause analysis of outages, and management/ operating summaries
- Respond to, follow up, document and close all assigned trouble tickets; resolve individual customer problems
- Climb communications towers and ladders; safely work in an elevated position
- Provide technical support in installing, maintaining and troubleshooting hardware at cell sites. Respond to on site issues and resolve network outages by performing diagnostic testing, adjustment, troubleshooting, and repairs to hardware and software
- Maintain accurate inventory of cell site assets
- Provide after hours and/or weekend or holiday support (unscheduled support)
- Undertake network performance improvement (KPIs) and optimization tasks
- Implements and maintains monitoring, maintenance, and overall network performance/ reliability processes
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Associates Degree in Telecommunications, Electronics, or related field or High school diploma or equivalent with the required years of experience
- Minimal 2 years work experience in relevant network design areas and experienced in relevant network design areas in the mobile industry.
- Knowledge of UMTS, LTE, Wireless telecom system infrastructure and network principles and design (e.g. 3G and LTE radio networks)
- In depth knowledge of Radio Access network features and functionalities (RNC, NodeB, eNodeB)
- In depth knowledge of transmission concepts (including wireless), cell site topology, RF principles and network architectures
- Excellent knowledge of/experience with telecommunications principles and practices
- Valid driver’s license and cleaning driving record
- The work requires routine walking, standing, bending and occasionally carrying items weighing approximately fifty pounds.
- Ability to work outdoor in varying weather conditions
- Must be physically fit to be able to climb telecommunications towers and work at heights of up to 120 ft.
- Ability to be mentally fit to climb at such heights and being aware of surroundings and work being performed
- Have manual dexterity to operate equipment and tools; to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle and quickly respond (with the hand, finger or foot) to a signal (sound, light, picture) when it appears.
- Have vision abilities for close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions and ability to adjust focus.
Please view the RAN Field Technician job description link below for detailed information about the position.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled. Company benefits include discounts on products and services, IRA retirement, medical insurance, annual leave, and many more. The position is based in American Samoa; applicants must reside and be legally authorized to work in American Samoa.
Interested and qualified candidates must submit a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae to the Human Resources Department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the main office located in the Laufou Center 2nd Floor, Nuuuli, American Samoa. Bluesky will continue to accept resumes until the position has been filled.
Personal Details Form