Purchasing and Logistics Coordinator
POSITION SUMMARY: Accountable for the effectiveness of the Company’s Stock Materials Processes & Procedures, maintain the accuracy of all Inbound & Outbound Stock Materials Records, conduct month end physical stock take, perform buying duties, manage supplier relationships, and execute related assigned duties to lower cost, increase efficiency and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Check all Inbound Stock Materials Orders from Overseas & Local Suppliers upon issue of requisitions and on arrival of goods and against Suppliers Invoices and Company Purchase Orders to ensure that Orders are fully & correctly supplied.
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, order more materials when necessary. Respond to and follow up with customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Perform buying duties when necessary. Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists. Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers. Review requisition orders in order to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders. Calculate costs of orders, and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts. Check shipments when they arrive to ensure that orders have been filled correctly and that goods meet specifications. Compare suppliers’ bills with bids and purchase orders in order to verify accuracy.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Possess a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field or an Associate’s Degree with 2+ years of experience in purchasing and logistics.
- Understand Accounting Principles & Doctrines associated with Stock Inventory Processes.
- Efficient use and knowledge of Computerized Accounting Systems & Software relating to Stock Material Castings; must be computer literate and confident with Microsoft Word, Excel and Spreadsheet applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Background in dealing with applicable government agencies, local shipping/freight agents for clearance of goods on a timely basis; Understand Am. Samoa Customs Department Import & Export Documentation and Processes for all Inbound & Outbound Stock Materials.
- Flexibility to work various shifts which may include Saturdays for customs clearance and stock take.
- Must be honest in handling cash and stock.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds unassisted; possess physical strength necessary to lift and move heavy boxes of supplies.
- Possess a Valid Driver’s License.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled. The Purchasing and Logistics Coordinator position is based in Am. Samoa. No relocation package offered; applicants must be legally authorized to work in Am. Samoa. Company benefits include discounts on products and services, IRA retirement, medical insurance, annual leave, and many more. Interested and qualified candidates must submit a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae, a copy of educational degrees/diplomas and/or training certificates to the Human Resources Department by email at email@example.com or in person at the main office located in the Laufou Center 2nd Floor, Nuuuli, American Samoa by 5 PM, Monday, April 19, 2021.
Personal Details Form