Systems Engineer – Data & Content
Position Title: Systems Engineer – Data & Content
Role Status: Full Time/ Non exempt
Location: Ili’ili, American Samoa
Reports to: Director of Technical Operations
Business Unit: Technical Support Center
Date: September 2017
Establish and maintain network performance by building net configurations and connections; troubleshooting network problems; Delivering network services to internal and external customers.
Key Accountabilities and Results Areas
- Manage and maintain server environment- MS 2008 – recent
- Administration of File/Print Server, printers, scanners, security system, etc
- Assists in the diagnosis and resolution of software problems
- Assist in new software/hardware rollouts
- Maintain internal network infrastructure
- Maintain backup processes/services according to company requirements and guidelines
- Handle tasks such as desktop deployment/support/upgrades
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Provide relevant training as required by internal teams
Key Stakeholder Relationships
- Group CEO
- Country Manager
- Director of Technical Operations
- Technical Managers
- Technical Staff
- Bluesky Staff and Managers
Key Requirements and Competencies
- Network Certifications (N+, CCNA, Etc)
- MS Certification in server-side technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant business field (Engineering, Computer Science, Business Management, Operations Management, etc.) a plus
- 3+ years experience in IT/Network administration and management
Knowledge/ Skills /Ability:
- Experience in Server deployment, management and upgrades
- Experience in network management
- Knowledge in desktop setup/deployment (client-server setup)
- Experience planning and complying with network security requirements
- Experience in documentation and maintaining records
- Ability to work with external and internal teams on a technical level
- Aptitude for quickly learning technical and procedural topics
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Ability to work varying work schedule based on operational needs (i.e. on call; respond to emergency calls)
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent team-working skills, stress resistant
- Excellent customer service abilities
- Ability to take initiatives and make decisions
|Health and Safety:||
Vision, Purpose, Values, & Way
|Our Vision||Our Purpose||Our Values||The Bluesky Way|
|To be the most recognised and preferred company for connecting our Pacific communities around the world.||We apply technology and service excellence to advance and improve the lives of our customers||
||We take ownership and always do our best for customers.We respect and support each other.|