-Internet Acceptable Use Policy
SCHEDULE 7 – Internet Acceptable Use Policy
In this Policy:
- A reference to “you” in this acceptable use policy (“AUP”) includes a reference to your officers, employees, contractors, agents and anyone else (other than us or our representatives) who uses the service. If you are a group administrator, it also includes your group members.
- A reference to “us” in this acceptable use policy includes a reference to Bluesky.
We expect you to:
- Obey all laws (including any applicable foreign law), any rules or regulations, and any codes or instruments which govern your conduct including your use, or attempted use, of the Internet and information obtained or transmitted through the Internet.
- Not use the service, attempt to use the service or allow the service to be used in any way which could cause us to breach, or be involved in a breach of law (including infringement of intellectual property and foreign laws), a code or an instrument which governs our conduct, and/or which could result in us incurring a liability to any person.
- Respect the ownership of information including copyright and licence agreements.
- Be courteous in your use of the Internet and network resources.
- Respect the opinions of others and their right to voice those opinions.
- Respect the culture and civility of communication and discourse on or through the Internet.
- Respect the privacy of other users. This includes that you should not intentionally seek information on, obtain copies of, or modify files, other data, or passwords belonging to other users, or represent yourself as another user unless explicitly authorized to do so by that user.
- Respect the legal protection provided by copyright and licences to programs and data.
- Use the Internet in ways consistent with ethical guidelines and accepted community standards; malicious use is not acceptable.
- Follow the Acceptable Use Policies of any networks you may use to FTP, telnet, or chat.
- Be aware that many networks are production or communications networks that many people rely on for business, education, or communications; uses that significantly interfere with the ability of others to make effective use of the network are not acceptable.
- Assume that information and resources are private to the individuals and organisations which own or hold rights to those resources and information unless specifically stated otherwise by the owners or holders of rights; it is not acceptable to use your account to access information or resources unless permission to do so has been granted by the owners or holders of rights to those resources or information.
- Not engage in conduct or activities that we consider could adversely affect or prejudice the Bluesky reputation or brands; or
- Refrain from attempting to manipulate or bypass any limitations on the service by any means.
You may not use your service:
- For any purpose which violates national or international laws, or any rules or regulations.
- To interfere with or disrupt network users, services, or equipment including distributing unsolicited advertising, propagating computer worms or viruses, and using the network to make unauthorized entry to other computers, information, or communications devices or resources.
- To transmit threatening, obscene, or harassing materials.
- To hack into another system for the purpose of sabotaging another’s computer, or for any other purpose.
- In a manner that precludes or significantly hampers the use of the service by others.
- To send messages likely to result in the loss of recipients’ work or systems.
- To send or respond to chain letters.
- To broadcast messages to lists or individuals that have not explicitly expressed an interest in such messages, particularly where such use causes congestion of the networks or otherwise interferes with the work of others.
- To intentionally develop programs that harass other uses or infiltrates a computer or computing system and/or damages or alters the software components of a computer or computing system.
Violations of this Acceptable Use Policy
The following constitute violations of this AUP:
- Illegal use: Using the service to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that, intentionally or unintentionally, violates any applicable national or international law, or any rules or regulations.
- Harm to minors: Using the service to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way.
- Threats: Using the service to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Harassment: Using the service to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that harasses another.
- Fraudulent activity: Using the service to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services or to advance any type of financial scam such as “pyramid schemes”, “Ponzi schemes”, and “chain letters”.
- Forgery or impersonation: Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation.
- Using deliberately misleading headers (“munging” headers) in news postings in order to avoid spam email address collectors is allowed.
- Unsolicited commercial email/Unsolicited bulk email: Using the service to transmit any unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email. Activities that have the effect of facilitating unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email whether or not that email is commercial in nature are prohibited.
- Unauthorized access: Using the service to access or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of Bluesky or another entity’s computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in breach of any applicable law (such as privacy laws), or the corruption or loss of data.
- Copyright or trademark infringement: Using the service to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material including music, movies and television programmes, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
- Collection of personal data: Using the service to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Network disruptions and unfriendly activity: Using the service for any activity that adversely affects the ability of other people or systems to use the Internet. This includes “denial of service” (DoS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, network services or network equipment is prohibited. It is your responsibility to ensure that your network is configured in a secure manner. You may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use their network for illegal or inappropriate actions. You may not permit your network, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use your network in an illegal or inappropriate manner.
Duty to Report
Bluesky requests that anyone who believes that there is a violation of this AUP should contact Customer Services. If available, please provide the following information:
- The IP address used to commit the alleged violation.
- The date and time of the alleged violation.
- Evidence of the alleged violation.
Response to Violation
- Bluesky may take any one or more of the following actions in response to violations of this AUP:
- Issue warnings, written or verbal.
- Issue notices to stop the activities or conduct, or to take steps to remedy the breach.
- Suspend your account.
- Terminate your account.
- Bill you for administrative costs and/or reactivation charges.
- Bring legal action to enjoin violations and/or to collect damages, if any, caused by violations
- Reporting of the activities or conduct to relevant authorities.
Revisions of this Acceptable Use Policy
Bluesky reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this AUP, our Internet Services Agreement and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. Notice of any revision, amendment, or modification will be emailed to your primary email address.